Breaking News - waiting room roof almost finished - we still need a new one!
While Network Rail finish off the replacement flat roof, we have started the second phase of the waiting room study. As well as artwork and planting, FoMS is also a campaigning organisation. Our current priorities are:
- New waiting room - we need a waiting room fit for the 21st century.
- We need the half-hourly Sunday service promised for 2017. And earlier Sunday trains too.
- An extra train from Piccadilly at 22.19 Mon-Sat and 22.45 Sunday
- Evening services to Rose Hill after the current last train at 21.09 - many Marple passengers use Rose Hill too.
- Sunday services to Rose Hill - this isn't the 1970s now!
Next meeting 19.45 Tues 8 October at the Northumberland Arms then 12 November.
Come down for a coffee (or beer) in this lovely community-owned pub, tell us what you would like to see at the station and help us make our dreams come true. We're friendly, will introduce you and we don't bite. We're happy to meet up any other time - contact Pete 07505 22 1405.
Annual passenger count Th 7 Nov 2019
Can you help with our next annual count and survey? This means we know what is needed at the station.
Next workday - contact Peter Black 07505 22 1405
Marple wins 2019 'Cheshire Best Kept Stations Awards'
We were delighted to win the TfGM award at the 'Cheshire Best Kept Stations' ceremony. Our station is a paradise for art, with more Eamon Murphy posters and a new schools display joining our Agatha Christie posters. Our conscientious objector display provided a different but important perspective on World War 1.
We are an award winning voluntary community group. We improve Marple Station and promote and lobby for improvements to trains and services:
- Provide an exciting and changing display of art work and information for passengers and visitors
- Lobby for improvements to, and replacement of the Manchester platform waiting room
- Organise events such as art sales and carol concerts
- Campaign for better services, more carriages and
- Provide honest feedback to Northern on their performance
- Meet regularly for a chat to plan our work and have a chat (usually in the community owned Northumberland Arms, Marple Bridge)
- Organise regular workdays - usually Saturday mornings. We will make you feel welcome!
- Count and survey passengers so we can lobby for improvements