Come and see the superb new Mellor School 'Save the Bees' display. See news pages
'Walks from Marple Station' booklet - now available - if you can't find a copy, contact us and we will send one out or can email a pdf. Or click here to download the walks!
We usually meet 7.45 pm every second Tuesday (however our next meeting is on WEDNESDAY 13 July 2022 as we are holding a workday before it) in the Northumberland Arms, Marple Bridge, a lovely community pub. No need to be a member!
Contact us by email, phone, twitter, FaceBook or legililmancy. Tell us what you would like to see at the station and help us make our dreams come true. We're friendly and we don't bite.
Next workday - 6pm at Marple Station, Weds 13 July 2022 - contact Peter Black 07505 22 1405
Let us know if you'd like to get involved in practical work.
We are an award winning voluntary community group. We improve Marple Station and promote and lobby for improvements to trains and services:
- Provide an exciting and changing display of art work and information for passengers and visitors
- Lobby for improvements to, and replacement of the Manchester platform waiting room
- Organise events such as art sales and carol concerts
- Campaign for better services, more carriages and
- Provide honest feedback to Northern on their performance
- Meet regularly for a chat to plan our work and have a chat (usually in the community owned Northumberland Arms, Marple Bridge)
- Organise regular workdays - usually Saturday mornings. We will make you feel welcome!
- Count and survey passengers so we can lobby for improvements