Breaking News - Women in Marple posters
The four new posters celebrating Women in Marple are complete and we are just waiting a break in the weather to get them up. Can't wait!
Next meeting 19.45 Tues 10 September at the Northumberland Arms then 8 October.
Come down for a coffee (or beer) in this lovely community-owned pub, tell us what you would like to see at the station and help us make our dreams come true. We're friendly, will introduce you and we don't bite. We're happy to meet up any other time - contact Pete 07505 22 1405.
Waiting room news - new roof this year, next year?
No news is … er … no news. There are plenty of rumours that Network Rail are about to start work to replace the roof. We are trying to find out what is happening. In the meantime we are ploughing ahead with our campaign for a completely new waiting room. The leaky roof was condemned early 2019 by Network Rail (the ultimate owners - Northern just manage it) and we are promised a replacement … We have rescued most of our wonderful artwork from the waiting room, and it is stored at secret locations all around Marple. Can't wait to put it back under the new roof!
Next workday - contact Peter Black 07505 22 1405
Marple wins 2019 'Cheshire Best Kept Stations Awards'
We were delighted to win the TfGM award at the 'Cheshire Best Kept Stations' in February 2019. Marple Station is fast becoming a paradise for art, with more Eamon Murphy posters and a new schools display joining our Agatha Christie posters. Our conscientious objector display provided a different but important perspective on World War 1.
We are an award winning voluntary community group. We improve Marple Station and promote and lobby for improvements to trains and services:
- Provide an exciting and changing display of art work and information for passengers and visitors
- Lobby for improvements to, and replacement of the Manchester platform waiting room
- Organise events such as art sales and carol concerts
- Campaign for better services, more carriages and
- Provide honest feedback to Northern on their performance
- Meet regularly for a chat to plan our work and have a chat (usually in the community owned Northumberland Arms, Marple Bridge)
- Organise regular workdays - usually Saturday mornings. We will make you feel welcome!
- Count and survey passengers so we can lobby for improvements