Breaking News - Rose Hill station 150th anniversary celebrations ...
Rose Hill Station opened in 1869. Join in the celebrations - 5-7 July 2019. See News Pages for outline and Friends of Rose Hill Station website for full details. Register for bike ride from 10.00 on Sat 6 July (set off at any time) here or just turn up.
Next meeting 19.45 Tues 9 July at the Northumberland Arms … No meeting in August, but then 8 October, and 10 September.
Come down for a coffee (or beer) in this lovely community-owned pub, tell us what you would like to see at the station and help us make our dreams come true. We're friendly, will introduce you and we don't bite. We're happy to meet up any other time - contact Pete 07505 22 1405.
Waiting room news - new roof this year, next year?
The leaky roof was condemned months ago by Network Rail (the ultimate owners - Northern just manage it) and we are promised a replacement although there is no sign of any work so far … We have rescued most of our wonderful artwork from the waiting room, and it is stored at secret locations all around Marple. Can't wait to put it back under the new roof!
Next workday - contact Peter Black 07505 22 1405
Marple wins 2019 'Cheshire Best Kept Stations Awards'
We were delighted to win the TfGM award at the 'Cheshire Best Kept Stations' in February 2019. Marple Station is fast becoming a paradise for art, with more Eamon Murphy posters and a new schools display joining our Agatha Christie posters. Our conscientious objector display provided a different but important perspective on World War 1.
We are an award winning voluntary community group. We improve Marple Station and promote and lobby for improvements to trains and services:
- Provide an exciting and changing display of art work and information for passengers and visitors
- Lobby for improvements to, and replacement of the Manchester platform waiting room
- Organise events such as art sales and carol concerts
- Campaign for better services, more carriages and
- Provide honest feedback to Northern on their performance
- Meet regularly for a chat to plan our work and have a chat (usually in the community owned Northumberland Arms, Marple Bridge)
- Organise regular workdays - usually Saturday mornings. We will make you feel welcome!
- Count and survey passengers so we can lobby for improvements